Holiday Escape Easy to Do at Great Destinations Near Houston for Labor Day
From Lake Conroe at Margaritaville to Galveston’s Moody Gardens, find your perfect spot to end the summer
If you’re looking for a place to send off summer, celebrate your right to relaxation, and escape the 9 to 5, look no further than Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston. They’ve got just what you need to break away from the hustle and rejoice in the freedoms of live music, comfortable lounging, and an exclusive waterpark. There’s no better place to check in and chill out for the Labor Day weekend with family to enjoy a breadth of activities planned for all ages. Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston is located at 600 Margaritaville Parkway, Montgomery, TX.
- Canvas and Cocktails: Paint the night with a drink in hand! Learn the process of painting with local experts and take home your masterpiece on Friday, Sept. 3, at 6 p.m. All ages are welcome. To learn more and purchase a ticket, visit here.
- Havana Nights: Transport yourself to Havana on Saturday, Sept. 4, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. with a live cigar rolling demo, rum flight from Barletts Distillery, and an exclusive menu that includes classics like Cuban sandwiches. To learn more and snag your ticket, click here.
- Make Magic Memories: Experience magic as you snap photos of Alex the Mermaid on Saturday, Sept. 4, and Sunday, Sept. 5, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Jolly Mon Water Park.
- Balloon Artist: Take home a pet balloon animal. Josh, the balloon artist, will be twisting balloon art by the waterpark on Saturday, Sept. 4, and Sunday, Sept. 5, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Bernhardt Winery Sunday Evening Concert Series: Relax under century-old native pecan trees at Bernhardt Winery just 25 miles down the road from the resort on Sunday, Sept. 5. Enjoy a picnic while you listen to Barracuda | America’s Heart Tribute as part of their Sunday evening concert series. When the evening is over, kick back and enjoy an overnight stay in the all-suite accommodations at Margaritaville Lake Resort. For more details and to book, visit here.
- Texas Brewery and Winery Tours: Hop aboard the Texas Brewery and Winery Tours bus for a fun and safe experience visiting Lake Conroe’s craft breweries and wineries while supporting local businesses. The tour includes safe transportation to and from all the breweries or wineries listed on the itinerary, two to three beers at each brewery or a glass of wine at each winery, a Texas Brewery or Winery Tour commemorative souvenir, and an entertaining ride all along the way. The tours will run Friday, Sept. 3 through Sunday, Sept. 5 and start and end at LandShark Bar & Grill. For more details, visit here.
- Labor Day Smoke Out: Come hungry and prepared to partake in the Labor Day Smoke Out at Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston on Saturday, Sept. 4 and Sunday, Sept. 5 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Palm Court. The menu will feature brisket and other smoked specialties.
- Prime Rib Buffet: Dig into country classics, including aged cheddar mac and cheese, salmon, and prime rib at Waterside Cove Restaurant on Saturday, Sept. 4, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- BBQ Buffet: What’s Labor Day weekend without BBQ? Savor the flavors of old-fashioned BBQ and dig in on Sunday, Sept. 5, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Waterside Cove. Photos courtesy of Margaritaville.
Moody Gardens is wrapping up a summer of fun with the last day to enjoy Palm beach being Monday, September 6th or Labor Day. Until then, guests can still enjoy Galveston’s only white sand beach on weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Hotel guests and Moody Gardens members receive discounted tickets to Palm Beach.
Visitors staying at the Moody Gardens Hotel can take advantage of summer hotel deals while they last. Guests can save 30% off their entire stay when they stay three consecutive nights. Hotel guests receive access to an amazing spa, heated indoor lap pool and outdoor pool, fine dining, casual dining and so much more. Additionally, hotel visitors receive discounted rates on tickets to all of the attractions. Moody Gardens is the perfect place for one last summer getaway.
After Palm Beach’s closure, individuals still have the option to explore the several other indoor and outdoor attractions Moody Gardens has to offer. Discover the Rainforests of Asia, Africa and the Americas inside the Rainforest Pyramid, or visit the Aquarium Pyramid, where guests travel from the Caribbean to the South and North Pacific, featuring seals, penguins and thousands of fish from the oceans of the world and so much more. Visitors can also enjoy a 3D or 4D film or venture to new depths inside 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Interactive Adventure, sail around Offats Bayou aboard the Colonel Paddlewheel Boat, or learn about the science behind music inside of the Discovery Museum.
For more information call 409-744-4673 or visit www.moodygardens.org. Photos courtesy of Moody Gardens.