Texas Renaissance Festival Set to Welcome Guests in Immersive Experiences and More
Festival dates are from September 29 to November 25, 2018
Festival times are from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. every Saturday, Sunday & Thanksgiving Friday
GO BACK TO A MAGICAL TIME WITH THE TEXAS RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL
The immersive Festival experience features world renowned live entertainment, works by master artists and craftspeople, award winning food and drink, hand powered rides and games and over 100 live interactive characters.
The Festival features fun for kids with great family entertainment, including rides and games, as well as live demonstrations of arts and crafts; Kids 12 and under are admitted free every Sunday.
In 2017, Texas Renaissance Festival saw its second highest attendance season, welcoming a total of 644,917 attendees, while facilitating 63 weddings, the most recorded in a single season.
Texas Renaissance Festival also saw a 14 percent increase in campers from the previous year, hosting 23,000 guests in the campgrounds.
NINE WEEKENDS OF UNIQUE THEMES
- Oktoberfest Presented by Bud Light: September 29-30, 2018
- 1001 Dreams Presented by Top Dog Halloween Stores: October 6-7, 2018
- Barbarian Invasion Presented by Genghis Grill: October 13-14, 2018
- Pirate Adventure Presented by Visit Conroe: October 20-21, 2018
- All Hallows Eve Presented by Coca-Cola: October 27-28, 2018
- Roman Bacchanal Presented by Messina Hof Winery: November 3-4, 2018
- Heroes and Villains Presented by Papa John’s Houston: November 10-11, 2018
- Highland Fling Presented by Joe Myers Auto Group: November 17-18, 2018
- Celtic Christmas Presented by the City of Magnolia: November 23-25, 2018
- New entertainment in 2018 includes: Philnic the Great (ventriloquist), The New Tribesmen (barbarian drinking songs), The Toobadours (comedy jugglers), Celtic Mayhem (Irish music)
- New attractions in 2018 includes: Tea and Strumpets Tea Room (gourmet teas and sandwiches), The Leek and Daffodil Wine Bar, 1574 Founders Club (private concierge lounge), The Great Scot Kilt Shop (offering daily scotch tastings)
- New food in 2018 includes: The Bierrock (savory stuffed pastry- winner of the 2017 Royal Chef Showdown) and The Royal Jewel (a fried ice cream dessert featured on Carnival Eats)
- TRF After Dark features dancing and entertainment every Saturday night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
The Festival and camping grounds are located in Todd Mission, Texas – 50 miles northwest of downtown Houston.
- The festival continues all weekend long at the Fields of New Market Campground, the 230 – acre campsite located near festival grounds for camping enthusiasts
- Family camping is available for those who prefer a more relaxed evening where family and friends can enjoy a family bonfire event every each Saturday evening
- Revels Camping is for the most adventurous and bold, where the part continues into the night
- Rentals are available for cabins and glamping tents
- Two general stores have almost everything you might have forgotten to bring; The Dragon Inn and the Drag-On Buy
- Campground shuttle service is available to take you directly to and from the Festival gates, $4 per person each way
TICKETS, SEASON PASSES & SOCIAL MEDIA:
HUZZAH! @Texrenfest just announced this year’s weekend themes and a Royal Pass so you save like you’re royalty! Purchase your pass and read more here: https://www.texrenfest.com/season–pass/ #texrenfest #huzzah
MORE INFORMATION HERE about Texas Renaissance Festival
The Texas Renaissance Festival is the nation’s largest and most acclaimed Renaissance themed event. Established in 1974, the event attracts over half a million visitors each year to its 55-acre recreation of a 16th Century European village.
PHOTOS COURTESY OF TEXAS RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL UNLESS NOTED