The Goddard School lists Top 10 Best Educational Toys for 2015 as tested by preschoolers
The Goddard School, one of the largest early childhood education organizations in the nation, has handed over the task of choosing the Top 10 Best Educational Toys for 2015 to the toy experts themselves just in time for the holidays.
The public will have the chance to vote and select the 2015 Top Toy on The Goddard School’s website, www.goddardschool.com/toytest, from November 2 – November 13, 2015. Goddard School Inc. will purchase and donate 100 of the winning toy to Toys for Tots, a program run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve that distributes holiday gifts to less fortunate children in the community.
“The energy in our school was electric and the excitement on the children’s faces were immeasurable, said Sudhir Parihar, owner of The Goddard School in Sienna Planation in Missouri City. “The Toy Test provided an exciting opportunity for us to help families identify fun educational toys for the upcoming holiday gift-giving season by the true experts in the field of toys – the children!”
The Top 10 Preschooler-Approved Toy Test finalists include (in suggested age range order):
- Whoozit® Space Blankie by The Manhattan Toy Company (Age Range: 0+ months)
- Rolligo by Fat Brain™ Toys (Age Range: 12+ months)
- John Deere Learn ‘N Pop Farmyard Friends by TOMY (Age Range: 12+ months)
- ModMobiles (Set A) by Fat Brain™ Toys (Age Range: 2+ years)
- Doctor On Call by Hape Toys (Age Range: 3+ years)
- Lakeshore® Gear Builders Starter Set by Lakeshore® Learning Materials (Age Range: 3+ years)
- Lincoln Logs® 100th Anniversary Tin by K’NEX® Brands (Age Range: 3+ years)
- Joinks by Fat Brain™ Toys (Age Range: 3+ years)
- 16-in-1 Space Fighter Building Set by Laser Pegs® (Age Range: 5+ years)
- Tumble Trax™ Magnetic Marble Run by Learning Resources® (Age Range: 5+ years)
Putting The Goddard School philosophy of learning through play into action, children from 50 Goddard Schools throughout the country then tested the toys. The children, who range from infants to six years old, determined their favorites while the teachers compiled the tiny testers’ choices.
Before the toys were given to this discerning audience, they were evaluated by The Goddard School Toy Testing Committee, comprised of early childhood education experts, which judged submissions based on criteria including encouraging interactive, child-initiated play, inspiring creativity and collaboration, and supporting skill development and playful learning.
Dr. Craig Bach, The Goddard Systems, Inc. Vice President of Education, said the Toy Test offered fun and educational experiences that helped children expand their critical thinking skills as well as flex their imaginations.
“From classic toys to new products on the market that encourage STEAM learning (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics), our children have the opportunity to play with incredible toys that support learning through play,” Bach said.
Past Preschooler-Approved Toy Test winners include brands such as Lakeshore Learning Materials, K’NEX, Fat Brain Toys, Tiny Love, HABA and Learning Resources.
For information on The Goddard School and the Preschooler-Approved Toy Test, visit www.goddardschool.com/toytest.