LOCAL RESTAURANTS TO COMPETE IN “MEATBALL BRAWL” CHEF COMPETITION ON APRIL 23
Damian’s Cucina Italiana to Host Culinary Showdown Featuring an Italian Classic
Mamma Mia! Who’s got the best ‘balls in Houston?
Roll up your sleeves and find out at this month’s meatball competition, Sunday April 23rd at Damian’s Cucina Italiana. Owners Johnny Mandola and Bubba Butera will set the stage for local chefs to compete and showcase their original creations.
In honor of the late Frankie Mandola, the event will benefit his charity The Texas Italian-American Sports Foundation, which raises money for scholarships for local athletes. The event will be held from 1-4 p.m. at Damian’s Cucina Italiana at 3011 Smith Street. Tickets are $55 each.
Guests are invited to enjoy an afternoon of wine tastings and musical entertainment, while eating their way through a lineup of top chefs’ most innovative meatball dishes.
The following awards will be announced by our judges at the event: Most Traditional Meatball, Most Creative and People’s Choice.
Jumping into the ring will be:
· Chef Alex Padilla, Antone’s Famous Po Boys
· Chef Joe Galluzzi, Brooklyn’s Meatball Company
· Chef Martin Weaver, Brennan’s
· Chef Nash D’Amico, D’Amico’s
· Chef Dimitri Voutsinas, Emmaline
· Chef Mark Holley, Holley’s Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
· Chef Richard Kaplan, Weights & Measures
· Chef Martin Stayer, Nobie’s
· Chef Anthony Calleo, Pi Pizza
· Chef Alexandre Scarafile, Sud Italia
Come hungry and thirsty! The admission fee includes food and wine sampling and DJ. For more information, visit: www.meatballbrawl.eventbrite.com