Lone Star College SBDC Names 2018 Small Business of the Year Winners
The winners, representing of variety of small businesses, were announced at the LSC SBDC 32nd Annual Small Business of the Year Award Luncheon held at the Lone Star Community Building Star of Texas Ballroom.
“More than half of Americans own, or work for a small business,” said Miguel Lopez, LSC SBDC executive director. “The Lone Star College Small Business Development Center is proud to recognize these successful owners.”
The 2018 32nd Annual Small Business of the Year awards were given to:
· Flying M Feed & Company (Trace Menchaca, Lea Menchaca, Max Menchaca and Mike Menchaca)
· Primrose School of Conroe (Jennifer Millington)
· Home Exterior Systems, LLC (Patrick McCollim and Caleb McCollim)
· Petra Oil Company, Inc. (Arnold Gacita)
· Norris Training Systems, Inc. (David Norris and Linda Hampton Norris)
· Hanigan + Johnson Orthodontics (James B. Hanigan and Daniel H. Johnson)
· Animal ER of Northwest Houston (Dr. Jennifer Hennessey-Bremseth)
· Pretty Little Things Boutique (Nikole Davis)
The event included more than 270 guests and business owners who were welcomed by Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., LSC chancellor.
Tim Jeffcoat, district director of the U.S. Small Business Administration Houston District Office and Linda Leto Head, LSC senior associate vice chancellor External and Employer Relations also spoke at the luncheon on the importance of supporting small businesses in our community.
The awards ceremony was hosted by Leslie Martone, CyFair Houston Chamber of Commerce president and Brian Bondy, Conroe Lake Conroe Chamber of Commerce president.
The LSC SBDC Advisory Council recognizes successful small businesses that make an impact in the local community each year. More than 200 nominees were submitted from the community and narrowed down to the 23 finalists. The finalists were selected by the members of the voting committee, which is a sub-committee of the SBDC advisory council, on the basis of leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, business growth and contribution to the community.
for a list of the finalists.
The LSC SBDC works with companies to help them grow and compete in today’s global economy. SBDC services are available for companies in every phase of the business life cycle, helping entrepreneurs make sound decisions and succeed.
For more information about the SBDC visit.