LAUNCH Honors Women throughout February with HTX Boss Babes Collaboration
Female entrepreneur organization takes over downtown pop-up shop to empower Houston women with fashion and events
LAUNCH, a pop-up shop for emerging Houston designers and artists, is honoring women throughout February by collaborating with “HTX Boss Babes” to curate goods designed and produced by Houston women entrepreneurs.
HTX Boss Babes is a local organization founded by Ellyse Espinoza and Gabriella Campos that empowers female makers, bloggers, creatives, entrepreneurs and more.
The first event will be with “The Mommie Series” on Weds., February 7 at 6–9 p.m. and will feature an exciting evening of champagne, lite bites and lively discussions on topics, including family, health, finance and fashion.
Tickets are available for purchase on the event website. Use “FASHION” code at checkout for 20% off. Proceeds from the ticket sales will be donated to A Children’s House for the Soul.
“We are kicking off the New Year with honoring and celebrating the strong women of Houston,” said Sydney Dao, Director of Retail, Houston First. “The mission of LAUNCH is to be a resource for emerging designers and artists, and for the next two months LAUNCH will also be place where moms, friends and colleagues can engage and connect, and ultimately leave feeling motivated to accomplish their next challenge.”
The 12 brands that will be featured throughout February include:
- Bear Cub Leather Goods – Handmade leather goods
- Carla Sue Greeting Cards – Fun and sassy greeting cards, shirts and gifts
- Chauncey and Coco – Modern jewelry and small gifts
- Crowns Coloring Books–Coloring books celebrating the diverse beauty of women
- Miradela – Coffee mugs, tees and delicate jewelry inspired by Mexican culture
- Non – Children’s line for adventurous and imaginative girls
- Ooby Dooby Baby – Fashionable bibs and shirts for children
- Si Creative Photography – Scenic Houston-centric photography
- Stateline Designs – Houston and Texas inspired t-shirts
- Sugar Land Candle Company – Luxury scented candles
- Three Hearts Apparel – Baby teething accessories
- Twisted Tantra – Yoga apparel
Additional events will be scheduled and promoted on LAUNCH’s social channels Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
LAUNCH is located in the Partnership Tower on the ground floor at 701 Avenida De Las Americas. The hours are Monday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Shoppers can access the store by parking in Avenida North Parking Garage or take the Green Line on the Metro Rail to the Convention District.
Follow LAUNCH on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @launchHTX to learn more about the designers, artists and news.