The Truffle Masters brings top 25 Houston chefs together for delectable competition in January
A taste of foodie heaven awaits at the upcoming DR Delicacy’s 3rd annual culinary event, The Truffle Masters, where the top 25 chefs from Houston’s most highly-acclaimed restaurants will compete to create the most delectable, mouthwatering dish using DR | Delicacy’s aromatic and flavorful truffles.
Slated for January 16, 2017, tickets are on sale now for this event that is less than a month away. VIP tickets are priced at $250 and general admission at $150. This exclusive event will be limited to 450 guests. More information on tickets can be found at www.thetrufflemasters.com/tickets-information.
The Truffle Masters will be held at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts at 800 Bagby Street. VIP Reception from 6–10 p.m. at Artista in the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. General Admission is from 7-10 p.m. The proceeds from the event will benefit Houston Culinary & Hospitality Scholarship programs.
The event will feature fresh black truffles imported directly from Spain. The new name represents the culinary mastery that each of the participating chefs embody. Houston’s top culinary talent will prepare truffle-infused dishes in a heated competition featuring guest judges.
Confirmed celebrity chefs include:
- Sidney Degaine from Café Azur
- Robert Del Grande from Café Annie
- David Denis from Le Mistral
- Tommy Elbashary from B&B Butchers and Restaurant
- Maurizio Ferrarese from Quattro
- Enrico Glaudo from Ristorante Cavour
- Edel Goncalvez from Fieldings Local Kitchen + Bar
- Jose Hernandez from Radio Milano
- Ryan Hildebrand from Triniti Restaurant
- Mark Holley from Holley’s Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Manabu Horiuchi from Kata Robata
- Kris Jacobs from Brasserie 1895
- Brandi Key from SaltAir Seafood Kitchen
- Ronnie Killen from Killen’s Steakhouse
- Adison Lee from KUU Restaurant
- Barbara McKnight from Culinaire
- Omar Pereney from Peska Seafood Culture
- Manuel Pucha from La Table
- Luis Roger from BCN Taste & Tradition
- Sandro Scarafile from Sud Italia Ristorante
- Austin Simmons from Hubbell & Hudson
- David Skinner from Eculent
- Danny Trace from Brennan’s of Houston
- Lee White from D-Leecious Bites
Participating celebrity judges include Charles Carroll, Holly Crawford, Jacques Fox, Alice Levitt, Tanji Patton, Eric Sandler, Janice Schindeler, Pat Sharpe, Robin Barr Sussman and Katherine Whaley.
The proceeds from the 2015 and 2016 events, which totaled $40,000, was donated to the scholarship program of Les Dames d’Escoffier International Houston Chapter. Les Dames d’Escoffier International is designed to help people in the Houston area who are pursuing an education in culinary arts, wine, hospitality and agriculture industries.
On September 12th, 2016, a total of 28 students from Culinary Institute LeNôtre and University of Houston received scholarship awards.
PHOTOS COURTESY OF THE TRUFFLE MASTERS
FEATURE PHOTO: BB-Butchers: Wagyu Truffle Crusted Sushi TX; Wagyu Beef, Truffle Cheese, Truffle Citrus Vinaigrette, Arugula, Spinach, Lotus Root